Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK
799.01€ (644.36€ alv 0%)
The world’s most complete ballistics calculator — a rugged Kestrel Weather Meter with the “science of accuracy” built in! Get accurate measurement of wind and air density to deliver elevation and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots.
HUOMIO, tämän hetken varastossa oleva väri on TAN (ruskettunut). Muita värejä löytyy tilaustuotteena.
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Target Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 30 gun and bullet profiles and 10 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold seperately)
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android and iOS provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) – works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.Buy the Kestrel 5700 Elite with LiNK and get the power of the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 Elite before you set out. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel 5700 Elite to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing – just about an unfair advantage! It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser rangefinders to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel 5700 Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to an iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication and the Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel 5700 Elite, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
Environmental Measures Altitude (Barometric) Barometric Pressure Crosswind Density Altitude Dew Point Temperature Headwind/Tailwind Heat Stress Index Relative Humidity Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure) Temperature Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric) Wind Chill Wind Direction Wind Speed/Air Speed
- Backlight – Switchable White/Red
- Ballistics Calculator – Applied Ballistics®
- Battery Life Indicator
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging – Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- FREE Kestrel LiNK Apps for Windows & Mac*
- FREE Kestrel LiNK Software for iOS and Android*
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- LiNK Wireless Communication to Mobile Devices (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3’/1M for 30 minutes)
- Advanced Ballistics Data table
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Applied Ballistics Custom Drag Models
- Average and Peak Wind Correction
- *Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 10 Targets
- Create and store up to 30 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- High Angle Shot Correction
- Integrated Applied Ballistics Calculator
- Moving Target Lead Correction
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration
- MV-Temp Table
- Range Card
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks
- Subsonic Range Drop Scale Factor Calibration
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimator
- Zero Offset
* Applies to LiNK models only
Included in the box:
- Battery – 1 x AA
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
The specs on this page relate to all Kestrel 5 series meters. Just because a measurement is listed in this chart does not necessarily mean that it is included with all meters. To see a listing of all measurements and features for this meter, please click on the In-Depth tab above.
SENSORS SENSORS ACCURACY RESOLUTION SPECIFICATION RANGE NOTES Wind Speed | Air Speed Larger of 3% of reading, least significant digit or 20 ft/min Speed 0.1 m/s
0.6 to 40.0 m/s
118 to 7,874 ft/min
2.2 to 144.0 km/h
1.3 to 89.5 mph
1.2 to 77.8 knots
0 to 12 B*
1 inch|25 mm diameter impeller with precision axle and low-friction Zytel® bearings. Startup speed stated as lower limit, readings may be taken down to 0.4 m/s |79 ft min|1.5 km/h |.9 mph |.8 kt after impeller startup. Off-axis accuracy -1% @ 5º off axis; -2% @ 10º; -3% @ 15º. Calibration drift < 1% after 100 hours use at 16 MPH|7 m/s. Replacement impeller (NK PN-0801) field installs without tools (US Patent 5,783,753). Wind speed calibration and testing should be done with triangle on impeller located at the top front face of the Kestrel. Measuring wind speeds above 60 m/s / 134.2 mph can damage the impeller Ambient Temperature 0.9 °F
-20.0 to 158.0 °F
-29.0 to 70.0 °C
Airflow of 2.2 mph|1 m/s or greater provides fastest response and reduction of insolation effect. For greatest accuracy, avoid direct sunlight on the temperature sensor and prolonged sunlight exposure to the unit in low airflow conditions. Calibration drift is negligible for the life of the product. For further details, see Display & Battery Operational Temperature Limits. Relative Humidity 2%RH 0.1 %RH 10 to 90% 25°C noncondensing To achieve stated accuracy, unit must be permitted to equilibrate to external temperature when exposed to large, rapid temperature changes and be kept out of direct sunlight. Calibration drift is typically less than ±0.25% per year. Pressure 1.5 hPa|mbar
Monolithic silicon piezo-resistive pressure sensor with second-order temperature correction. Between 1100–1600 mbar, unit will operate with reduced accuracy. Sensor may not operate above 1600 mbar and can be damaged above 6,000 mbar or below 10 mbar. Calibration drift is negligible for the life of the product. Compass 5° 1°
1/16th Cardinal Scale
0 to 360° 2-axis solid-state magneto-resistive sensor mounted perpendicular to unit plane. Accuracy of sensor dependent upon unit’s vertical position. Self-calibration routine eliminates magnetic error from batteries or unit and must be run after every full power- down (battery removal or change). Readout indicates direction to which the back of the unit is pointed when held in a vertical orientation. Declination/variation adjustable for True North readout. CALCULATED MEASUREMENTS MEASUREMENT ACCURACY (+/-) RESOLUTION SENSORS EMPLOYED Air Density 0.0002 lb/ft3
Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Air Flow 6.71% 1 cfm
Air Speed, User Input (Duct Shape & Size) Altitude typical: 23.6 ft/7.2 m
from 750 to 1100 mBar
max: 48.2 ft/14.7 m
from 300 to 750 mBar
1 ft 1 m Pressure, User Input (Reference Pressure) Barometric Pressure 0.07 inHg
Pressure, User Input (Reference Altitude) Crosswind & Headwind/Tailwind 7.1% 1 mph
Wind Speed, Compass Delta T 3.2 °F
0.1 °F 0.1 °C Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Density Altitude 226 ft
1 ft 1 m Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Dew Point 3.4 °F
95% RH. Refer to Range for Temperature Sensor
Temperature, Relative Humidity Evaporation Rate 0.01 lb/ft2/hr
Wind Speed, Temperature Relative Humidity Pressure, User Input (Concrete Temperature) Heat Index 7.1°F
Temperature, Relative Humidity Moisture Content | Humidity Ratio (“Grains”) 4.9gpp
Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Probability of Ignition (PIG) PIG Accuracy dependent on proximity of inputs to reference table steps. 10% Temperature, Relative Humidity THI (NRC) 1.5 °F
Temperature, Relative Humidity THI (Yousef) 2.3 °F
Temperature, Relative Humidity Relative Air Density .0.3% 0.1% Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Wet Bulb Temperature – Psychrometric 3.2 °F
Temperature, Relative Humidity Pressure Wet Bulb Temperature – Naturally Aspirated (NWB TEMP) 1.4 °F
Wind Speed, Temperature Globe Temperature, Relative Humidity, Pressure Wind Chill 1.6 °F
Wind Speed, Temperature ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFO Display & Backlight Multifunction, multidigit monochrome dot-matrix display. Choice of white or red LED backlight. Response Time & Display Update Display updates every 1 second. After exposure to large environmental changes, all sensors require an equilibration period to reach stated accuracy. Measurements employing RH may require longer periods particularly after prolonged exposure to very high or very low humidity. WBGT requires about 8 minutes to reach 95% accuracy and about 15 minutes to reach 99% accuracy after exposure to large environmental changes. Data Storage & Graphical display Min/Max/Avg History Logged history stored and displayed for every measured value. Manual and auto data storage. Min/Max/Avg history may be reset independently. Auto-store interval settable from 2 seconds to 12 hours*, overwrite on or off. Logs even when display off except for 2 and 5 second intervals. Kestrel 5 series units hold over 10,000 data points. data Upload & Bluetooth Data Connect Option Wireless range up to 100ft. Connection requires optional USB data transfer cable or Kestrel Link Dongle or Kestrel LiNK app. Employs Kestrel Link protocol for data transmission with Link supported devices. (Kestrel LiNK for iOS/Android, Kestrel Link for PC/MAC). Clock/Calendar Real-time hours:minutes:seconds clock, calendar, automatic leap-year adjustment. Auto Shutdown User-selectable – Off, 15-60 minutes with no key presses. Languages English, French, German, Spanish. Certifications CE certified, RoHS, FCC, IC tested and WEEE compliant. Individually tested to NIST-traceable standards. Origin Designed and manufactured in the USA from US and imported components. Complies with Regional Value Content and Tariff Code Transformation requirements for NAFTA Preference Criterion B. Battery Life AA Lithium included. Up to 400 hours of use, reduced by backlight, alert light and buzzer, or Bluetooth radio transmission use. Shock Resistance MIL-STD-810g, Transit Shock, Method 516.6 Procedure IV; unit only; impact may damage replaceable impeller. Sealing Waterproof (IP67 and NEMA-6) Display & Battery Operational Temperature Limits 14° F to 131° F | -10 °C to 55 °C Measurements may be taken beyond the limits of the operational temperature range of the display and batteries by maintaining the unit within the operational range and then exposing it to the more extreme environment for the minimum time necessary to take reading. Storage Temperature -22.0 °F to 140.0 °F | -30.0 °C to 60.0 °C. Size & Weight 5.0 x 1.9 x 1.1 in | 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm, 4.3 oz | 121 g. (Lithium battery included)
Using everything learned from the Kestrel Environmental line of products, a line of meters and instruments to help long-range shooters overcome the unknown variables of environmental conditions emerged. From helping the average hunter make a shot up to a few hundred yards away, to a professional long-range competitor who needs to hit a target up to a mile away, the Kestrel Ballistics line of meters will help hit the target on the first shot.
|Dimensions||23 × 20 × 8 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.